Packing for Vacation
What do I pack?
- Vaccination records
- Rawhides & toys (digestible and non choking hazard style)
- Food (strongly suggested)
- Make sure that medications are clearly marked with administration instructions.
- Make sure that insulin units are correctly marked on the vial.
- Medications are administered for a nominal charge.
What NOT to bring:
- Water or food bowls (we have plenty)
- No toys smaller than the size of their throat, they can be a choking hazard.
- No toys with metal or beads.
- Preferably no large beds. We provide plenty of bedding.
In a hurry?
- You can expedite your check-in by doing the following:
- Write your pet’s full name on all beds and blankets, treat bags, food bags and toys.
- Have vaccination records previous faxed or readily accessible.
- Clearly mark all medication with administration directions.
- If bringing food from home, clearly mark the food bag or container with the pet’s first and last name and the amount to be given (ex. “Fido” Smith 2 cups am & pm, or 2 cups pm only).
- Have adequate emergency contact numbers in the event of an emergency. Local contacts are encouraged but not required.