General Information & Policies
The purpose of Happy Tails Pet Resort is to provide a safe, fun and stimulating social environment for your pet during business hours or while you are away on vacation. To ensure the safety and health of your pet and our other guests, we require all guests to comply with the following rules and regulations:
- AGE: All pets must be at least 12 weeks of age or older (3 months)
- VACCINATIONS: ***There is an ongoing epidemic of canine flu across the country and recently in nearby locations in Idaho. To ensure the best possible care of our guests, HTPR has updated the current vaccination requirements to include the Canine Influenza vaccination. Please click here to read the new vaccine requirements for our canine guests. As of 5/1/18, all canine guests to HTPR (boarding) must have completed the initial series of Influenza (2 vaccinations, 2-4 weeks apart) or be up to date on the annual booster. The vaccine must include the H3N2 strain of Influenza. Full protection is not present until 7 days AFTER the second vaccination, therefore we will NOT allow guests to enter the resort until at least one week after the second Flu vaccine. If your dog has received the initial series and is no more than one month overdue for an annual booster, vaccination may be performed on the day of admission to HTPR.All pets must have up to date vaccinations. Proof must be submitted prior to admittance. If vaccines are needed, our veterinary staff can give any while here for an additional fee. Please note: if your pet is not current on vaccines and vaccines are being given on site during the stay, we can not guarantee that your pet will not get ill. For the safety of your pet and our other guests we suggest having all vaccines boostered at least 48 hours prior to arrival to ensure your pet has the proper immunity.
- Dogs: Rabies, Distemper/Parvo , Bordetella and Canine Influenza (H3N2 at least but H3N2/H3N8 preferred)
- Cats: Rabies and FVRCP
- HEALTH: All pets must be in good health and free of any conditions which could potentially jeopardize other guests. If your pet has been ill in the 14 days prior to admission, you must notify our staff. Pets that have been ill within the last 14 days with a communicable condition will require veterinary certification of health before being admitted or readmitted.
- BEHAVIOR: All pets must be non-aggressive and not food or toy protective. Please remember, your pet will be spending time with other pets and the safety and health of all animals is our main concern.
- RESERVATIONS: Are required. A credit card is required to hold all reservations for boarding.
- HOURS OF OPERATION (Unless otherwise stated)
- Monday through Friday: 8:00am- 6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am- 1:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
After Hours Check In or Check Out
Available Saturday after 1pm and Sunday by appointment for an additional $25.00.
Check In Time Begins at 1:00 PM
You will be asked to or may have already set up a more specific drop off time. We recommend checking in early afternoon to allow your pet to settle in before evening. If you need to check in early, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you. You will be charged a discounted day care fee for this service.
Check Out Time is by 1:00 PM
If you are not able to pick up by that time but can check out prior to closing, please let us know so we can arrange for daycare in lieu of an additional night charge.
Pampered Pet Extras!
Our Pet Resort guests can also request special treatment to make their time with us more enjoyable. Click here for added amenities such as extra playtime and special treats.
- Dogs – Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, Bordetella, Influenza H3N8 & H3N2
- Cats – Rabies, FVRCP
Please have your veterinarian fax us your pet’s vaccination information (307-739-9515) attention Happy Tails Pet Resort. Once we receive this we will confirm that they are current and if not we will call you.
Non-Peak cancellations received more than 48 hours prior to the night of the arrival will receive no penalty. Cancellations made within 48 hours, we will charge the credit card for one (1) night.
Holiday and peak periods require cancellations be made 14 days in advance. If the cancellation is received within 14 days prior to the night of arrival, we will charge the credit card for two (2) nights.
No shows – At 6:00PM on the night of arrival, if the guest has not arrived, we will charge the credit card for two (2) nights and cancel the remainder of the reservation. If the guest was only scheduled for one (1) night, only one night will be charged.
So, you ask, what constitutes peak and holidays?
- Peak season is Memorial Day through Labor Day, Spring Break, Thanksgiving Week and Winter Break
- Holidays are New Years Day, Ground Hog Day (just kidding), Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- We have plenty of comfortable bedding and bowls so there is no need to bring your own.
- Dogs will be given a minimum 4 potty breaks per day.
- If your pet is on a special food or medication, please brings enough for the entire stay.
- If your pet has any medical condition or history that we should be aware of please let us know.
- If it is normal for your pet to get stress induced diarrhea, please let us know.
- Temporary ID collars will replace their regular collars while they are staying with us.
- If you are boarding two or more pets together we will evaluate their tolerance for each other as the days go by. Some pets (even though they may be BFF’s at home) become irritated in close quarters and can act out at each other. If we find this happening we will move them into separate sleeping quarters resulting in regular fees instead of the additional pet fee.
We provide blankets and bowls for all boarding guests. You can bring your own bedding, toys, treats or food, however please be sure to label them with your pets name. For your convenience, you can also purchase toys or treats in our lobby area.